A primary school built in 1954-56 to the designs of Chamberlin, Powell and Bon. It is constructed of a steel frame with glass curtain walling, obscured panels in various colours, dark brown brick and some white glazed brick. The school is arranged around two courtyards with a single-storey range for infants to the south and a two-storey block for juniors to the north. In the centre of the complex, between the two blocks, is a pair of assembly halls, staff rooms and the kitchen.
The elevations are largely glazed and panelled except for brick in some of the end walls and below cill level on the ground floor. The obscured panels run below the cill level of the upper floor and vertically between the bays; the former are blue, the latter yellow, and where they intersect they are green. Apparently this arrangement was designed to teach pupils the principles of colour mixing.
Stairs underneath the juniors’ block lead to an external amphitheatre, formed from a wartime water tank. In the playground is a circular tank or ‘watersphere’ on top of a long shaft constructed of sprayed concrete, having an appearance akin to a lollipop.